Link to Newsletter February 2014
Link to CV FOIA Directory & Rules and Regulations
Village Code of Ordinances
Village Board Packet (updated 3/4/14)
Annual Meeting Notice
If you are a Coal Valley resident, you may receive notification via your e-mail of emergency conditions and natural or man-made
disasters in your community. You can also receive the latest general information from the Coal Valley Police Department and the Village
of Coal Valley for more information please use the following link: E-Mail Notification Program
12/20/13 - CONTRACTORS AND RESIDENTS
EFFECTIVE 1 JANUARY 2014 THE VILLAGE OF COAL VALLEY HAS ADOPTED THE 2012 INTERNATIONAL BUILDINGS CODES, 2012 INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODES*,
2012 INTERNATIONAL MECHANICAL CODES, 2012 INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY MAINTENANCE CODES, AND THE 2011 NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODES, AND THE STATE OF
ILLINOIS 2012 PLUMBING CODES*. ALONG WITH ADOPTING THE ABOVE MENTIONED CODES, THE VILLAGE CHANGED THE PERMIT FEE STRUCTURE FOR EACH OF THESE CODES
Building Permit Fees Effective 1/1/2014
2013 Building Code Ordinance
*The Village adopted amendments based on recommendations from the ILLOWA Chapter of the International Code Council and the Village’s Plumbing Inspector.
Contractors and residents can ask for a copy of the Village’s Building Regulations Ordinance (Codes and Permit Fees) as well as review the 2011/2012 National,
International, and State of Illinois Code Books here in Village Hall.
Effective May 1, 2014 all contractors doing business in the Village of Coal Valley must register each fiscal year
(1 May to 30 April starting in 2014) at Village Hall. Registration Packets can be obtained via online at the link below or at the Village Hall.
The annual registration fee is $35.00. All Contractor’s will be required to have the fees paid and Registration Packets completed before they begin work in the
Village of Coal Valley.
12/9/13 - The Village is looking for a person to fill a vacancy on the Planning & Zoning Board of Appeals. If you are interested please contact
Alan Wilson at 799-3604.
12/5/13 - 2014 Recycle Calender - Recycling Calendar 2014
Calendar of Events
- 4th - Storm Warning Siren Test at 10 a.m.
- 4th - Coal Valley Township Meeting - 7:00 pm at the Municipal Center
- 5th - Ash Wednesday
- 5th - Village of Coal Valley Committee of the Whole Meeting, 6:00 p.m. at the Municipal Center Hall
- 5th - Village Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m. at the Municipal Center Hall
- 6th - Lions Club Dinner Meeting, 6:30 pm at CV Presby Church
- 7th - Dallas Hanson Benefit 5-9:00 pm at The Rock $5.00 Taco Dinner/Person (see newsletter for details)
- 8th - Card Making Workshop with Donna Banta 11:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Robert R. Jones Library
- 9th - Daylight Savings Time begins
- 10th - Moline School District 40 School Board Meeting, Committee of the Whole Meeting, 6:00 pm
immediately thereafter, both at 1619 11th Avenue, Moline
- 13th - Henry County Board Meeting-6:00pm, Room 102J 307 W. Center St., Cambridge
- 16th - Quilting Workshop 1-2:30 pm - Robert R. Jones Library
- 17th - St. Patricks Day
- 18th - Valley Readers Book Club at 6:30 p.m. im the Coal Valley Municipal Center Meeting Room,
900 1st St. Contact the Library at 799-3047 for more information
- 18th - Rock Island County Board Meeting, 5:30 pm County Board Room on the third floor
of the County Office Bldg. 1504 3rd Ave.
- 19th - Village Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m. at the Municipal Center Hall
- 19th - Orion Community Unit Scholl District #223 Board Meeting at the District Office 1002 11th Ave. Orion
- 14th - Spring Begins
- 17th - Presidents Day - Village Hall Closed
- 20th - Sociable Seniors meet at Trinity Lutheran Church, 2815 W. 3rd St. (Oak Glen Rd)
at noon for a potluck dinner
- 23rd - Quilting Workshop 1-2:30 pm - Robert R. Jones Library
- 26th - Zoning Commission Meeting 7:00 p.m. at the Municipal Center
- 30th - Quilting Workshop 1-2:30 pm - Robert R. Jones Library
This page was modified on: March 4, 2014